Sam from tea and sesame has nominated me for this wonderful award! It’s lovely to think that my crazy little blog, that comes from my crazy little head might make someone, somewhere, smile. It’s a real honour to accept it, so thank you Sam.
The rules for this award are as follows…
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post and/or on your blog
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 5-10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
The 10 questions Sam asked are as follows:
1) What do you look forward to most when you first wake up?
The day ahead, especially when the sky is clear and there’s no sign of rain! This is the view I woke up to this morning, (taken whilst still in bed), so who can blame me for being excited about what is ahead of me!
2) Are you a ‘night’ or a ‘day’ person?
Day, day, day! I’d be in bed at 8pm every night if I could!
3) What is your dream job, and why?
To bake all day everyday and not necessarily for money, because with that would come a whole level of stress that I would want to be without.
4) What would you like to see on my blog in future?
More ‘random’ ingredients! I’d never heard of Sweet Potato Vermicelli until you posted about it!
5) What was the last dream remember having?
It’s rare that I remember them….
6) Flowers or chocolates?
Flowers; I’m extremely lucky to have received many beautiful bunches. I love flowers! At any given time I’ll have several vases scattered around the house.
7) What other hobbies do you have aside from blogging?
Baking! Oh and fly fishing; I’m not very good, but I really enjoy it.
8) When was the last time you did a handwritten letter, who was it to?
Ha ha, this is pathetic…. It was three weeks ago and it was to my health insurance company! I was too lazy to type and print it.
9) What cheers you up on a dreary day?
A nice cup of tea!
10)“A picture paints a thousand words”- post a picture that you like and explain why.
This picture brings back wonderful memories of a trip to County Kerry last year…. The weather was amazingly hot (really, it got up to 30 degrees, which is unheard of nowadays in Ireland). This picture is the reason people should visit Ireland; with its lush green landscape and magnificent views- why would you want to go anywhere else?
My nominees for the sunshine award are:
1) Liz at my favourite pastime
2) Lisa at simple pairings
3) Angie at the novice gardener
4) Nicole at teacupcake
5) Prudy at butter, basil and breadcrumbs
6) Laura at the gluten free treadmill
Elaine at foodbod makes me smile every single day; she doesn’t do awards, but if she did, she’d be on this list!
My 10 questions for my nominees are:
1) What is your favourite word?
2) Where do you write your blog?
3) When was the last time someone said thank you to you and what was it for?
4) If you could do anything today, what would it be?
5) Still or sparkling water?
6) What one piece of advice would you give to me about blogging?
7) What is your favourite cookery book?
8)What is your ultimate cake topping?
9) Outside or Inside?
10) What is your favourite sweet/ candy/ chocolate?