I can’t believe it, I’ve only been blogging for about four months and THIS is my 50th post! My blog was started so that I could share my adventures in my new home, I never actually thought anyone would read it!
To mark this first big milestone I thought I would share 5 of my favourite posts so far:
NB… The photos in the rest of this post are of pictures and wall hangings around The Glen House.
1) “About”- Well this is me; the photo on this page is one of the first taken at The Glen House…. How time flies though, we were here five months on St. Valentine’s Day!
2) “The Goan Glen House”- one of my favourite places in the world. Goa is amazing! I always leave a part of my heart behind when I come away….
3) “Advent Calendar Day 1”- this is the icecream choccy loaf one. I had decided to blog every day of advent, what a crazy idea but it was great fun!
4) “The wood burning stove”- With the weather in Ireland being so awful, the fire keeps me toasty! Every day it gets lit, so I’m lucky enough to sit and glare at it with a cuppa or a glass of wine!
5) “Happy”- I don’t need to ‘hashtag’ 100 days of happy, I just get on with it! “Because I’m HAPPY“
Thank you for reading and thank you for following.
Why is everyone banging on about being happy at the moment? I’m generally a happy person (my Mother might beg to differ)…. I have my moments, but don’t we all?
Yesterday I attended a work conference on being ‘happy’… It was a bizarre day where we were challenged with the idea that the following three questions rarely produce a job:
1) What am I good at
2) What do I love to do
3) What will I get paid to do
I’m lucky to be paid well to do a job that I’m good at, but do I actually enjoy it? Who does love their 9-5 job? It was interesting to see eyes light up amongst the rest of the group…. I got the impression several people had a ‘light bulb moment’ and were suddenly ready to hand in their notice and run off into the distance.
Now in my thirties, I’m very much of the mindset that a job is just a job. It’s not what I want to be remembered for, nor will they remember me in 20 years. It took me a long time and hard knock to realise this.
We were also told that too many people just don’t know what they want to do or where they are going. Not just young ones fresh out of college, but older, more established people who just get swept along with life. So I came away feeling (happy) blessed that I do have a long-term plan, and it ain’t to climb the corporate ladder where I am (yawn)… I will run my own bakery one day. I know I will.
I should point out that the whole day was sponsored in my head by PHARRELL WILLIAMS “Happy”, I couldn’t stop replaying this again and again…..Because I’m happy, Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof, Because I’m happy, Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth, Because I’m happy, Clap along if you know what happiness is to you, Because I’m happy, Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do…..
What makes you happy?